Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Voyeurism~

Voyeurism~







The watcher and the watched~

In the pathologic sense, a perverse addiction to watching people in sexual acts when they are unaware of being watched~

Voyeurism, by the way, is closely related to exhibitionism~
Sometimes the watcher likes to be watched~
Sometimes the one being watched enjoys the thrill of being "innocently" viewed~

I have often felt that online dating walks the edge of voyeurism~

I'm always guessing how much in a profile is a glimpse at a real person; how much is the persona they have invented - just for my benefit~

At the same time, I struggle to find a balance between revealing enough about my inner workings to a probable mate and how much to shroud in gauzy words, only hinting at what lies deep~

We circle around eachother - the seeker and the sought~

Someone views me and I wonder why they don't speak~

I view another and enjoy the view, but decide they wouldn't be interested~

It is a dance in which we all willingly participate~

Frustrating~
but titillatingly so~











Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Show me some love - sign my guestbook~

About Me

My photo
I have seen and experienced so much craziness in my short time of on-line dating that I just couldn't hold it inside anymore. Your stories are always welcome! Misery loves company!