Friday, April 11, 2008

The saddest profile I've ever seen - someone thrown this guy a - eh - bone!

My self-summary:

When I'm really interested in someone, I'm totally devoted and completely committed, even if the other person isn't as interested. I strongly believe that two-way communication is vital to keeping a relationship together. If only one person is doing all the work to form or keep the relationship together, it's not really a healthy relationship. In fact, it may not even be a relationship at all to the person not doing the work. If this is me and you and I'm the one doing all the work, I'll eventually get tired of it, but I have remarkable staying power. Sometimes you just have to say "Goodbye, Lee" and never talk to me again to get me to stop.

What I'm doing with my life:

I still make music for a living and am still able to live on my own in Miami from just that income.

20070513UPDATE: I'm going to be waiting tables for a while to take care of a stupid financial mistake I made a year ago. The music still pays all my basic bills, but this emergency required me to do something else.

20070802UPDATE: I am working on a startup business that sells handcrafted luxury bath and body supplies to the hospitality industry. So many details to get started. Message me about it and I'll tell you more.

20070827UPDATE: Well, no one emailed me, so I know how much people read and care about this profile. I must be a masochist to keep coming here and finding out that the only emails in my mailbox are from the PeanutLabs people telling me there's a new survey available.

20080229UPDATE: Very few emails except for the PeanutLabs ones. Oh well. Back to the dunking booth.

20080406UPDATE: I'm annoyed by the PeanutLabs mails. Almost no other emails otherwise. *sigh*

What I'm good at:

I'm also good at finding people who just ignore me period and don't have the simple human decency to tell me "Thank you I'm flattered, but I'm not interested--even in being friends." If you choose to ignore me, then you're in very, very good company.

I'm also good at being bitter.

My favorite things:

These four things are about all I have to keep me company. I'm lucky I'm a good cook, so I can treat myself to good healthy meals (although after a while you wonder if there's really a point to it all--and there is: ice cream and chocolate binges). I'm a old movie buff, and also love animation, but I prefer old time radio shows. I enjoy jazz and classical music, and I love reading nonfiction, trivia books and "how to" books and cookbooks.

I spend a lot of time thinking about:

lots of things, but I'm pretty sure no one wants to hear about them. How do I know this? Because I think aloud a lot of the time, and I get told often to shut up.

The most private thing I'm willing to admit:

In a little under a year, I'll be a real living 40-year old virgin (there is no typo or misprint, you did read that correctly), which seems to scare many people away. They just assume something must be wrong with me if I couldn't get laid by now. Heck, I was a strip club DJ for 3 years and I still couldn't get laid. How pathetic is that?



No comments:

Show me some love - sign my guestbook~

About Me

My photo
I have seen and experienced so much craziness in my short time of on-line dating that I just couldn't hold it inside anymore. Your stories are always welcome! Misery loves company!