Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Swinging - "In the Life"

Swinging; wife swapping, "in the life" - all euphemisms for couples having multiple sexual encounters with others (usually strangers). It seems I lead an interesting life~

Swinging is another aspect of dating/sexuality that I've learned about since starting online dating. Different from being poly, people who swing aren't looking to form long-term emotional connections with people; they're looking for sexual adventure and exploration. (At least that's how I understand it - if I'm wrong, please correct me).

I've met and talked to people who are involved with swinging now or who have been in the past. One of the interesting things I just learned is that swinging clubs or parties will not allow single men to join or participate, but single women are allowed - vedddy interesting!

I've heard stories about how swinging has led to divorces because of different expectations and agendas, but I don't know if that's an unusual occurrence or the norm.

I found this video on youtube - a Nightline special on the multi-million dollar business of swinging. Be warned, there are some flashes of nudity. I was blown away by how much $$ is being made catering to the swinging crowd! (as an aside, I also wondered about hygiene and how often sheets are changed on the "outdoor lovebeds"at these events, but I don't want to be a buzz kill.)





Here's a trailer for another VH1 documentary about swinging - focused more on married women wanting their first bisexual experience (thanks to my favorite documentary and movie aficionado Pete aka I Like Being Tragic).




Finally, here's link to a trailer for a movie that explores "wife swapping" between two couples who are neighbors and friends. I haven't seen it, but the trailer is pretty intense and I'll probably rent it just to see what happens.

We Don't Live Here Anymore

As an aside, for my fellow cyber-daters out there - in my research about swinging and the poly lifestyle I learned that OK Cupid and Plenty of Fish, two of the free online dating sites are known for being sites where people interested in these lifestyles can meet.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just an observation, I love the ads google found for your blog, like,
FREE DIVORCE !, and MALE SHAVING !

Other than that, I have nothing intelligent to add today.

Dating Wall of Shame said...

Pete~

I can't wait to see what google comes up with when they pick up today's content! maybe kids swingsets? LOL!

Show me some love - sign my guestbook~

About Me

My photo
I have seen and experienced so much craziness in my short time of on-line dating that I just couldn't hold it inside anymore. Your stories are always welcome! Misery loves company!