Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Male Hygiene -or maintaining the putting green

So, in this world of dating I've observed a trend in male hygiene that is new to me. I'll admit, it's been quite some time since I was last out in the world of dating men, so this may not be a new trend at all - just new to me.

I've met a number of men who take care to trim things up "down there" to make for a more pleasant experience should anyone want to get a closer inspection or provide a little tlc. This isn't just one person, but I've met at least 4-5 guys in the past few months who have said that they do this. Now, don't go assuming I've slept with all of them - I've been curious about it and I'm fairly open about asking these things and most guys don't have any qualms about talking about it.

They aren't just trimming the "rough" but are making sure the equipment is good to go as well. I am in no way complaining and I commend these guys for paying attention. I don't care if it could construed as self-serving toward the end of enticing someone to show a little love - the truth is, it does make for a much more pleasant experience and I, at least, appreciate it. One could even say a woman would be encouraged to practice and improve her - er - "short game" if the putting green were maintained this nicely

Women have been trimming and waxing for years - they realized the benefits of this a long time ago.

What I'm wondering is when this practice started with the guys and if it just happens to be the guys I have met, or if this is a broader trend. Is this a new "metro-sexual" thing or are construction workers and plumbers doing it to? Also, what kind of razor are you all using? Is this something that's done with an electric trimmer so as to get close but not too close, or are you actually using a regular Schick down there??? YIKES - the thought of that scares me and I don't even own the equipment!

I'm looking for some feedback on this - I truly am curious.

Oh, one thing I have learned, if a guy has just trimmed and accidentally starts to put a spermicidal condom on inside out the results are NOT pretty!




Do you trim or shave the netherlands?







Woman - Yes

4
(20%)

Woman - No

2
(10%)

Man - Yes

8
(40%)

Man - No

6
(30%)







Votes so far: 20


Poll closed








2 comments:

Fitz said...

I don't think it's a trend at all. I have done it for years. Why? Well, I guess I don't expect a woman to stay in that area too long if it looks like a forest.

There is definitely a difference in the quality of oral pleasure one receives if the area is well groomed vs not well groomed. Therefore it behooves all of us to trim away and keep it neat. You don't have to maintain a hardwood floor but keep it trim.

Dating Wall of Shame said...

Trimming also helps with keeping things smelling fresh and inviting~

I hadn't heard about the difference in pleasure, but that makes sense~

Show me some love - sign my guestbook~

About Me

My photo
I have seen and experienced so much craziness in my short time of on-line dating that I just couldn't hold it inside anymore. Your stories are always welcome! Misery loves company!